Thursday, August 21, 2008

Homage in loose change


Once, a hippopotamus cornered me,
to give tiresome lectures on Christianity;
But the evangelical quadruped gave a scoff,
when I suggested that he go bugger off.

An earlier version of this was posted on DeviantArt by me quite some time ago, then the other day I came across it and in my infinite pedantry came up with a few changes. It's a silly, modest, humble homage to a Mr. T.S. Eliot who as you may know, once wrote a much better poem than this comparing hippos and The Catholic Church.

1 comment:

Rajie Raj said...

OMG UUTF BBQ PIZZA PIAZZA
YOU HAVE A BLOG TOO! YOU MUST LINK US! (i would link you back if i knew how :( )
WE CAN COMBINE OUR BLOGS POWERS AND WE CAN BE CHAKFORCE 5 PLUS ONE!
OH LOOK AT THAT CAPS LOCK GO!

p.s those drawings look like david bowie had a love child with ronald mcdonald, which is a good thing, i think.