Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'll be as brief as possible

Okay so I have been ridiculously busy since, oh, about last Thursday, so I haven't been able to update this thing. But right now I've got half an hour before I head to the printers and give the culmination of my week's work a physical form. I could use this time to tell you about the thousands of exciting things (well, everything's relative) that have been happening in my life since I last web-logged but something else takes precedence to this. I am going to take this time to say something I've been meaning to for a while now, but haven't got around to it.

Friends, Romans, countrymen, and the rest of you lot:

Do that Earth Hour thing everyone's been going on about.

Not because of the celebrities that tell you to do so in the ad campaign (which is horrible in so many ways, but I haven't the time to rant right now) or the fact that people seem to have gotten it into their heads that non-participation is tantamount to killing the environment (which is a ludicrous and very single-minded way of looking at things), but because it's a pretty good way of showing other people, as well as ourselves, that we give a shit.

That is all for now. I leave you with a picture of David Mitchell photoshopped to look a bit like a communist propaganda poster.

2 comments:

chui said...

DAVID MITCHELL!

I'll bring the magicians DVD back for you when i go home k :)

and seeing as even my university has sent out...what's the word? letters informing about earth day? well surely that's five words, but you get my drift! Point being, I'm prolly gonna do it. Or rather I would do it, but chances are i'll be at my uncle's place and he couldn't care less about things as such. And would yell at my cousin (indirectly at me, perhaps) for being silly or something.If i AM back at my place, i'll do it.

Wait, is it on Sunday? Then i'll be back at my place. I'll do it then :)

eliot! said...

OH yes please. Can't wait! Seeing you again would be pretty ok as well I guess ;)

And yes, I've just done it. Well I say just, it ended an hour ten ago but I still haven't turned anything on save the fan and computer... Everyone else is out somewhere so they missed it, it was just me sitting alone in the dark listening to Bob Dylan on my iPod, 'cause it seemed pretty apt :)