Monday, March 9, 2009

Goodbye, you beautiful meatbags.


Anyone who knows anything about me knows about my obsession with Futurama. On Sunday (when I was supposed to be working), I downloaded Into The Wild Green Yonder, the last of the 4 movies that were made to herald the end of Futurama (as far as anyone knows). And let me just say what a fucking marvelous swan song it made! I've already watched it 3 times, though mostly because I cannot believe it's finally over. So goodbye you beautiful meatbags, don't let your crazily-obssesive fan-base tie you up and gag you with a sock on your way out.


And in other news, despite the critical condemnation (including a verbal lynching by Alan Moore himself), The Watchmen is a pretty fun movie to watch. Buy the graphic novel, read it, buy the movie ticket, watch it (The order is quite important) .

3 comments:

DarK FoX said...

DUDE, I WANT FUTURAMA. TRADE MAH SOUL FOR IT

alien_child said...

I HAVE SEEN WATCHMEN.

It was...not bad.

But then again, it's been over a year since I read the graphic novel, and it wasn't even mine. So I only remembered the story, not the artwork, and the apparently lovingly faithful replication of each panel was kinda lost on me. /shameful

Contemplating buying it just so I can reread it at my own leisurely pace, though. But I have SO many other graphic novels I want to read, though! LXG, Ghost World, The Dark Knight Strikes again...HOWWWWWW. :(

DarK FoX said...

LXG was nice