Saturday, April 11, 2009

I have been busy.

Wow have I been busy. Busy busy busy. If you had asked me just exactly how busy I was I wouldn't have been able to answer you because, well, I'd have been too busy. Looking back at it now, I can't even wrap my head around how busy I was! That's how busy I was! I've meant to update this place with articles meant to excite and stimulate the masses (in several different ways) for what must be weeks now!

I meant to post something after I saw Battles at the Orange Club.
I wanted to post the log of my quiet and solitary experience of Earth Hour.
I thought I'd be able to post something about my trip to Singapore substantially longer than the one word affair that I did.

All these plans, however, fell victim to the constant, unyielding, even criminally insane sabotage of the beast that is College Work and his associates. 

I literally shudder at the thought of it (and I'm not the kind of person to use the word literally willy-nilly, as they say)

Here is the account of my past week-and-a-bit. It's really long, and not really funny so I actually suggest you don't read it and skip to the end bit.

March 27th - April 3rd 
I organised the Orientation day activities for this April's Intake of new students (on the 6th of April), due to my being quite active in the Student Council. I wasn't to be around on that day itself, however, because I would be at the time on the plane back home from Singapore.

April 1st - 3rd
The Oasis concert meant that I also couldn't hand in the first draft of my first year essay on Monday, when it was due. So instead of putting something together over the week, and finishing it off over the weekend like a normal, productive and not to mention sane member of society would do, I had to rattle off the bulk of it on Friday and email it to my lecturer.

April 4th
Packing, and also some project work. 

April 5th
Oasis. Awesome.

April 6th
Monday evening when I got back from the airport I had to immediately pick up where I left off with the one week assignment that was due that Thursday (day before yesterday). From what I hear the April Orientation went on without a hitch, which was good.

April 7th
Tuesday I had an individual tutorial with my lecturer, and then spent the rest of the day in the computer lab and library, looking up stuff and printing out tryouts and research. I also agreed to help Bernie illustrate some children's bookmarks for her church. Which I did.

April 8th
On Wednesday I had an Adobe Illustrator workshop (which was really really boring and basic I'm afraid to say, but had to attend because attendance was being taken.) Then half way through I had a meeting with my course coordinator, who wanted to brief me on another meeting I had to be present at later that day with the Principal and other important college staff for the quarterly Course Committee Meeting, since I am also my class' student rep. Somewhere in between the two meetings my project deadline was pushed to Friday because of a unexpected field-trip planned for Thursday. 

April 9th
The field-trip was to a publishing company, and turned out to be pretty cool. Arrived back at college after lunch and had class till 4.30. Went home and did work until I fell asleep.

April 10th
Woke up sick, the second time in about a month. Deadline wasn't until 2.00 so I skipped morning classes. I also had another meeting with my course coordinator because of people from the ministry wanting to interview me and some other people so for the renewal of accreditation. Went to bed at 6. Woke up a few times though.

Today 
Woke up at 10. It saddens me that I now consider waking up at 10 a luxury.

It has been madness ( this is meant purely in hyperbolic terms. I wasn't actually driven mad by the work. Ocelot face-paint screwdriver haircut dovetail.)

•   •   •   •

Okay so that's out of my system. Now I'd like to reward you people who made it through that leviathan of text (as well as those of you who took my advice and skipped ahead) with Cat Power singing 30 seconds of Space Oddity. First time I heard it it blew my mind. Since then I have searched for a full version of the cover, but apparently she only sang it for this 30 second car ad. But my gosh what a brilliant 30 seconds it is.



Brilliant.




1 comment:

alien_child said...

Holy CRAP Eliot you're so...involved now. What is this, some kind of overcompensation for your primary and secondary school years, which if I recall were largely mired in apathy?

It brings a tear to my eye, truly. :D

Ugh, Battles. They performed at Glastonbury. Watching them'd be the closest I have EVER been to An Authentic Glastonbury Experience...AND. I. COULDN'T. GO. WTF.

Ditto Oasis, now that I come to think about it. ARGH.