Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sad News Travels At Its Own Pace.


Well I've persevered through most of my illness, and all that is left to bear is a general tiredness that shall hopefully dissipate by tomorrow. This in mind, I happily went to college to once again join my peers for a good long visit to the realms of Productive Society.

I arrived fairly punctually, right on time in fact, to a barren classroom. Well, I say barren, Xiang Her was there and so was the lecturer, but that was it. Being the social butterfly that I am, I said my Hellos and Good Mornings where due and immediately left for the outside where the sun was warm and air conditioning could not get its chilly arms around my already weakened body for the time being.

A few minutes later Ameer turns up and more greetings are exchanged. In the banter that followed however he dropped a ton of fucking bricks on me. Apparently the Wins Art Uncle passed away sometime last week and that the shop is closed for the mourning.

Which is really shitty. Really. In the time since I was thrust into college life I've grown very attached to that little art supply shop in Mayang Plaza, and to both the uncle and aunty who ran it. His passing shall definitely be a big blow to the shop. Also, my thoughts go the very sweet Aunty that's gonna have to do an even bigger share of the work than she already does. It's definitely not going to be easy.

I doubt many who shall feel the blow of losing this great stalwart of cheap, accessible art supplies will read this (save for like-thinking KBU students), but know that you are not alone in your mourning. And to those who knew him personally, you have my deepest sympathy for your loss.


No comments: